This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
- To: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: REMOTE_TRANSLATE_XFER_ADDRESS()
- From: jtc at redback dot com (J.T. Conklin)
- Date: 01 Feb 2001 16:59:00 -0800
- Reply-To: jtc at redback dot com
Assuming we adopt something like the step over range packet for the
remote protocol, must the addresses that bound the range be translated
from the GDB's internal representation to the target's representation?
remote_xfer_memory() does this for memory reads and writes.
If so, how would one go about this. REMOTE_TRANSLATE_XFER_ADDRESS()
takes an address and a length. I don't know what I would use for a
length --- actually I don't understand the length part at all, even
for memory transfers.