This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: remote protocol extension for step out of range
- To: jtc at redback dot com
- Subject: Re: remote protocol extension for step out of range
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:45:32 -0800
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
"J.T. Conklin" wrote:
> Step-out-of-range only commands might look like:
> Which would step from the PC and repeat until it moved out of the
> range described by SS..SS and EE..EE. I've also preserved the ability
> to set the initial PC like the existing step commands for parallelism;
> I don't expect that GDB will use it either.
> To be able to successfully probe for this command, there should be a
> return value. An OK or EXX response should do. Older stubs would
> return "" as they do for all unrecognized commands.
> Btw, I chose 'E/e' because that was the only letter in the word 'step'
> that isn't already used.
Would an addition to the breakpoint packet work? Rather than break when
in this range, break when outside of this range.