This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
should xfer_memory vector functions perform multiple transfers?
- To: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: should xfer_memory vector functions perform multiple transfers?
- From: jtc at redback dot com (J.T. Conklin)
- Date: 25 Jan 2001 14:21:32 -0800
- Reply-To: jtc at redback dot com
In many (most? (all?)) cases, the xfer_memory vector functions will
perform multiple transfers if the size of the transfer is too large
to do in one. The high level logic in target_xfer_memory() will do
Is there a rule about whether a too-large transfer should be split by
xfer_memory vector functions or target_xfer_memory()? If it can be
done by vector functions, the value of target_xfer_memory_partial()
is limited. (target_xfer_memory_partial() is used (indirectly) in
generic_load() so that GDB is not completely stalled during large