This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Pulling in purging of deprecated code?
- To: GDB Discussion <gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Pulling in purging of deprecated code?
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:45:16 +1100
- References: <393723F4.48AA76AA@cygnus.com>
Andrew Cagney wrote:
> With the 4.18 release, gdb started identifying obsolete code that was
> going to be deleted. The 5.0 release saw the first of that code
> I'd like to suggest a slight acceleration of the process. As soon as
> (or slightly after) a release has gone out the obsolete code be removed.
> This would remove the overlap that currently exists (hosts/targets may
> be obsolete from the previous or next release) and also reduce the
> amount of bagage GDB carries.
> Since the repository is public (and downloadable) the full history is
To close this. I got one response (agreeing with the proposal) so I'll
shortly be following this through.