This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: changelog rotation...
- To: jtc at redback dot com
- Subject: Re: changelog rotation...
- From: "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:11:49 +0200
- CC: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
> From: email@example.com (J.T. Conklin)
> Date: 11 Jan 2001 12:16:29 -0800
> Now that gcc and binutils have rotated ChangeLogs, should we do the
> same for gdb? By existing convention, the new ChangeLog file would be
> Is there any reason not to use it?
Yes: these ChangeLog-NNNN names all clash after truncation to DOS 8+3
I believe it is a long-term goal to eliminate such problems. So I'd
suggest to start this now, and rename all ChangeLog-NNNN into