This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: floating point registers in 'info reg'
- To: fnasser at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: floating point registers in 'info reg'
- From: Nick Duffek <nsd at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 22:36:57 -0500
- CC: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, jtc at redback dot com
- References: <3A5BAB95.8027BE6D@redhat.com>
On 9-Jan-2001, Fernando Nasser wrote:
>There new register description interface posted recently by Nick Duffek
>is supposed to help us add these new characterizations.
Yes, the patch as-is provides a REGS_HIDESOME flag to specify that a
register should not be displayed by "info registers" but should be
displayed by "info all-registers". It replaces the TYPE_CODE_FLT test.
That's not immediately helpful though, because:
(1) the patch hasn't been approved yet;
(2) the REGS_HIDESOME functionality is applies only to multi-arched
ports using the new interface, and the x86 port isn't multi-arched.