Threading support with glibc 2.2 missing???

Hello,

      I was using gdb 5.0 with glibc 2.1.2 ( ix86 Linux ) for a long
 time, and it worked pretty well for me. A few days ago I tried
 to upgrade my system to glibc 2.2, which I supposed to be
 stable. Immediately I discovered that I am no longer able to
 debug anything multithreaded at all - command 'info threads' is
 simply ignored, 'thread' shows information only about thread #0, and
 when program crashes with segfault, I am shown the position where it
 was in starting thread.
     I tried compiling sources of gdb from rawhide.redhat.com ( I
 suppose it was CVS snapshot from December 15th ). There things only
 gotten worse ( now even 'thread' does not show any meaningful
 information ).
     What am I doing wrong? Is there anything I can do to get
 debugging of multithreaded programs work again ( except reverting to
 glibc 2.1.2/gdb 5.0, of course )?
     Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Best regards,