This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RTOS and gdb
- To: Fanny SASSOON <fanny dot sassoon at st dot com>
- Subject: Re: RTOS and gdb
- From: Grant Edwards <grante at visi dot com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 09:20:36 -0600
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <H0000272059d203d@MHS> <3A559AB8.807F4E90@st.com>
On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 10:58:16AM +0100, Fanny SASSOON wrote:
> I wondered if gdb could be used for debugging real-time operating
Sure. Been there, done that.
The eCos RTOS from RedHat (nee Cygnus) was developed with Gnu
tools (including gdb). I've talked to a number of people who
use gdb for debugging real time, embedded systems.
You don't have some of the features of a full-blown ICE (no
trace buffer, for instance), but these days many embedded
systems are developed using JTAG interfaces that don't provide
those features either.