Re: Readline and -DMINIMAL

> I have just discovered to my horror that the upgrade to Readline 2.2 in
> GDB 4.18 has completely eradicated support for the MINIMAL #define, and
> provides no alternative -- it simply assumes BSD style ttys and falls
> over dead if those aren't supported.

I don't think this is true.  If you have termios, most of the code
simply works, except that you need to deal with the tputs and its ilk
here and there.

> Does anyone know the story on this one?  Is there a stub library that
> is used for Cygwin and DJGPP ?

DJGPP doesn't have the termcap capability yet.  Instead, the readline
sources have a few DJGPP-specific hacks to make it work.

> I really do not want to hack all the #ifdef MINIMAL stuff back in, but
> since I build direct on windows I need to shut up all the code that tries
> to use sgtty or termios.

I would be interested in making Readline work reasonably well,
including command-line editing etc., on non-Unix systems.  As I said,
it currently works with DJGPP, but requires a small number of ugly
#ifdef's, and some functionality, like arrow keys, isn't supported,
which annoys DJGPP users who aren't hooked on Emacs.