Re: Moving Linux-specific stuff out of i386-tdep.c

   Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 01:05:59 +1100
   From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com>

   Mark Kettenis wrote:

   > 2. Should I postpone creating the new -tdep.c file until after the
   >    release or not.  Andrew has been telling us to avoid gratuitous
   >    changes to make it easier to apply outstanding patches.  But on the
   >    other hand, after 5.0 is released, I hope to see a lot new patches
   >    generated against 5.0.  So creating the new file before 5.0 would
   >    make applying those new patches a lot easier.

   I guess its the sigtramp stuff.

Indeed.

   If the checkin was a straight cut/paste (without edits) I won't notice
   :-)
   Down the track, there will need to be ``i386-linux-tdep.h'' so that
   i386-linux-nat.c can include it.  (Hmm, with i386-linux-tdep.c, no
   wonder Eli raised a concern).

The 8.3 limit really prevents me from choosing a sensible name here.
So I'll leave the Linux code in i386-tdep.c for now.  If we ever come
up with a sensible way to reorganize the GDB sources we can reconsider
things.

Mark