Re: single-step

> > I have and ARM dev board hooked to a Jeeni, controlled via ethernet. It
> > doesn't singl-step, it only stops at breakpoints. When I issue a "info
> > target", gdb replies that "Target can't single-step".
> > However I would greatly appreciate it to single step to debug my apps
> > So do you know how to fix it ? Is it a hardware non-feature or a simple
> > software misconfiguration ? Can gdb emulate singlestepping transparently
> > using breakpoints ?
> >
> >     Xav
> >

> You need to make sure SOFTWARE_SINGLE_STEP_P is not defined to zero before
> including tm-arm.h
>
> Richard.

ok, so if I understood the system, when SOFTWARE_SINGLE_STEP_P=1,
SOFTWARE_SINGLE_STEP is the function which emulates the singlestepping using
breakpoints.
but if I don't define SOFTWARE_SINGLE_STEP_P, or if I define it to 1, then
do I have to provide a specialized SOFTWARE_SINGLE_STEP_P() ? There is no
such thing in tm-arm.h.

    Xav