multi-arch notes (long); Was: Multi-arching tm_print_insn?

Jim Blandy wrote:

> What's the story with putting tm_print_insn under gdbarch control?  It
> looks like the existing targets just assign to tm_print_insn and
> forget about it; switching architectures won't change your
> disassembler.
>
> Is this not done yet (perhaps waiting on further configury in
> opcodes), or is there some subtlety I haven't noticed?

There isn't any subtlety :-/  It's waiting for someone to put on a
thinking cap and figure out exactly how to generalize it.  The target's
I've looked at haven't had alternate assembly formats.

The user interactioin is also tricky.  If the user sets the assembly
format, should that carry over when the architecture is changed?

	Andrew