Re: Visual C++ and GDB compiling

Hello Sir Andrew and Daniel,
Thanks so much for the reply. Actually, I gave up long ago on this issue
of VC++ compilation of gdb.
I am currently building a free Windows IDE for the mingw (mingw32) distro.
When researching for a better way to build a GUI frontend to the gdb,
I was directed to libGDB. Probing further, Mumit directed me to Sheb.
Unfortunately, he refuse! to reply to my mail on the status of the libGDB.
I then posted a request to this mailing list and it was dead (may be RedHat
gave it a new life).

Given up on the libGDB, since no one seems to know anything about it, I
started looking for ways to do the Insight style of the frontend, as
indicated
in the libGDB paper. Which means I will have to compile the gdb with VC++
since the frontend is MFC based.
Only one person responded to the thread directly. He claimed to have been
able to
compile it with a script using mcc. I do not know what this mcc is and when
I asked
he dropped out!!!
Along the way, I found someone who wanted to contribute his frontend to the
wxstudio
project and when I contacted with directly, he also claimed to have being
compiling and
doing the MFC frontend stuff and was 45% complete. However, he wanted to
employ me
to help him, since he wanted to sale the final product. Funny eh? why was he
going to give
it out to a free open-source wxstudio anyway?

Having given up on the libGDB and the Insight approach, I decided finally on
the kgdb, ddd etc
approach and this is what I am doing currently.
The only problem now is the mingw maintainers have not found a quick way to
build new
versions or updates to the gdb. The UI_OUT stuff will therefore be out of
reach for a long time!!!

Is it not possible to keep most of the gdb cvs contents clean! so that we
the newbies could also
find a way to manage what we need?

I am very happy RedHat is flushing all the inmates!!! of the cygnus prison
to the web. You are
welcome to where you really belong!!!

Thanks for the time.
Best regards,