Re: New file gdb/CONTRIBUTE guidelins for the contributor

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Andrew Cagney writes:
>
> > > So having said all that, do you still want submit.html or equivalent
> > > in the distribution?  Having it both places seems like kind of a
> > > maintenance pain and seems to me that having the distribution point
> > > to the web site probably works.
> >
> > Yes,  I think the GDB distribution should contain the document.
>
> Perhaps it is better to make this document part of the GDB manual.
> Then we could be sure it won't be forgotten due to changing fortunes
> of time...

The GDB manual is for users only, so not really appropriate there.  The
internals manual does have a section on contributing, but it could use
some tinkering.

We should consider installing more links from the web pages to htmlized
copies of manuals - that should help improve awareness that the manuals
already contain a lot of useful info.

Stan