Re: Using gdbserver to debug shared library

> Alien wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I work on an in-house embedded OS.  It uses ppc-eabi format.
> We have already ported gdbserver. We would like to have
> support for shared library.
> After looking in the source gdb, it seems that remote debbuging
> of dynamic executable is not supported.
> I see at least the following problems:
>         solib.c: #include <link.h> and read_memory (something
> which implicitly cast the link_map structure) which disable the
> cross use.
>         ppc-eabi.mt: the link with rs6000-tdep.o because
> rs6000-tdep.c include xcoffsolib.h.
>
> Has anyone else worked or is working on a cross gdb with
> shared library support?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Your analysis is correct.  solib.c won't compile on anything but native
systems.
While there is nothing technical stopping it from working - WRS have
relocatable executables (using some WRS specific patches) and _I_think_
the wince (1) target also support a form of dynamic library.

Perhaps one of the people that worked on WinCE can expand/confirm this.

	Andrew