Re: Status of submitted patches? Pascal language addition patch.

>Daniel Berlin wrote:
>>
>> >   Apart from a few comments just after my email, I never got any
>> >constructive answer about the patch itself.
>> I must say, this isn't the first time this has happened.
>> I think we have no official maintainer.
>
>The list in gdb/MAINTAINERS lists specific areas of responsibility.
>For new things that don't fall in an existing area, I would either
>evaluate things myself or assign to the closest plausible person -
>which in this case is David Taylor, who's already responded.

I was reading through the website. Never thought to actually look at
that file. Doh.

>That would be great.  In general, because an incautious checkin can
>cause huge amounts of chaos, it's better to take charge of a limited
>area and see how that goes.  I know that in the past we've talked
about
>you taking over C++ support, and that still seems to me like a good
>starting point.

Works for me.

>> If we have a maintainer, no offense, but um, considering i haven't
seen
>> any comments on any patches on gdb-patches in a while, and no sign
of
>> them being integrated, you need to get on the ball.
>
>I agree.  To make excuses, maintenance is in an awkward situation
right
>now, what with my life in major transition, Cygnus maintainers
probably
>preoccupied with the Red Hat merger, and the GDB steering committee
>still unformed.  This should be sorted out in a couple of weeks
though.
Oh, i understand all of this, I just see people who submit patches
starting to get annoyed at the lack of response, and wanted to offer my
help in any way possible.