Re: gdbstubs library posted at sourceforge

WG> The release license is LGPL.

Jim> Are you sure you want this rather than public domain (as the
Jim> stubs in the GDB distribution) or XFree86-style?  I suppose maybe
Jim> it is a moot point if people leave out the stubs when they
Jim> actually ship code, but in general, the LGPL's requirement that
Jim> people make available .o's makes it somewhat impractical for many
Jim> embedded applications.

I don't know if we're typical, but we leave in our debug stubs in our
production images.  If a customer reports a problem, we want to debug
the exact same code the customer is running.  Rebuilding that version
with a debug stub has the potential of changing way too many things.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin
RedBack Networks