breakpoint hit counts

I recently was debugging with gdb and I typed "c 57" instead of "b 57"
(a simple typo).

I was suprised to learn that gdb preserves the ignore count even when
I re-ran my program.  I would rather have gdb reset the ignore count
when I re-run.

As it turns out, the actual rule is that ignore counts are reset
unless hit count display is enabled (the default).

To me this rule seems obscure, and the feature seems fairly useless.
I'd like to change gdb to always clear the ignore count when the
inferior is re-run.

Any comments on this?  Does anybody rely on the current scheme?  If
so, what for?

Tom