Re: Jeeni & ARM720T with GDB

danish iftikhar wrote:

>    Well , i tried to use the above commands and was able to download
> successfully . But after i set break point and do continue , everything
> seems to hang .
> Any guesses what is going wrong now .
> the rdiromatzero command for EP7211 board should be set at 0 or 1 ??
> i am using insight 5.0 .
>
>   do we need to specifically download some program for reset and all those
> things which Grant has told .

I don't have a Jeeni target, so Grant is the person who can help you with that.

I would try "set rdiromatzero true" as it is a quick test.

Another thing you can do is to turn on Grant's RDI trace facility:

Something like

maintenance rdilogfile /dev/tty
maintenance rdilogenable on

Would print the message exchange between GDB and the target.

Do this after the load or you will have too many messages!

BTW, your program may have been linked with the wrong load address.
What is the value of the PC  (P/x $pc) after the load?

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com