RE: Ctrl-C interrupt problem.

Hi,

I forward here a answer to my problem made by Fernando on the insight mail
list. I posted something on insight list because the problem appeared a
little different.

Following Fernando suggestion, I will continue discussion (it's more a
monologue for now but...) here trying to solve the 'pure' gdb problem first.

I've added my comments and answers to Fernando message...

Well no for sure,

So if anybody try to reproduce the problem with a similar configuration,
please let us know.

As a reminder, the problem appeared on a NT4+cygwin host connected via TCP
to a i386 target.

I don't think the target is involved. I think the bug is either in the way
cygwin handle ctrl-C and signal, or in the way gdb handle signal in the TCP
case.

I would like to test the case with a linux host, but i don't have any here
right now.
So if somebody try to reproduce the problem with a linux host, please let us
know the outcome.

It maybe a cygwin related problem, so if anybody has heard of a similar
problem with something else than gdb please let us know.

I also tried to debug my i386-elf-gdb with native cygwin insight but the
problem is that a Ctrl-C will be caught by the native debugger not the
debuggee.
I have absolutely no experience in debugging a debugger so if you have
tips,please let me know....

(Yes, there's a lot of thing that I need you to let me know)

Thanks
-- Fabrice Gautier

(And now then end of forwarded fernando message:)