Re: wishlist for gdb ....

Daniel Berlin writes:

 > rb/rbreak will set breakpoints using a regular expression.
   Thanx i didn't knew it.

 > >    2.  how to grep help's output ??
 > >        help show | grep arg ?????
 > >        or even setenv PAGER=xless displays help in seperate
 > >        xless window.
 > why?

        how do i know what commands lists all the local variables
        in a scope. just do 'help show | grep local'

        IMHO, extensive on-line-help is useless, if i can't search
        for a world thru it. in dbx, i can do a help -k keyword
        just like 'man -k'.

        I'll will work someday to try to integrate gdb with zsh some
        day. After using dbx with Sun-5.0, I find gdb _very_ limiting.

        BTW, is there any effort to make a geniune components out
        of gdb( a libgdb.a/so with libgdb.g ?), with tcl thingy
        cleany out of it , or is redhat going to make a spaghetti of
        code ?
--Vardhan

--
Vardhan Varma <vardhan@cadence.com>  +91-118-4562842 Extn / VMail: 4123
Random Quote:         Early bird gets the worm,