Re: Changing the "enclosing_type" of a value structure

> Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:23:01 -0700
> From: Jim Ingham <jingham@apple.com>
>
> Would it be possible to break out the uses of lazy into two flags, a
> "needs_fetching" flag to tell whether gdb needs to read the flag from the
> inferior, and a "already_fetched"  flag, used if "needs_fetching" is true,
> to indicate whether the data has been read in or not?

I don't see why not.

However, what worried (and continues to worry) me is that the
causality between a value being not fetched and its relation to the
expression whose value is to be watched--that causality is not based
on anything but empirical evidence.  Dividing the flag into two
doesn't change that.

But if it will help to clear the mystery a bit, IMHO we should do it.