"Question On Usage of Debbuger"

Hi
 my problem is
 i want to debug my program which is having user defined header files and
 when i am debugging it using NEXT(n) it is doing well. I wanted to debug
 a function which is in header file using STEP (s) to compile single line
 at a time.
so where i am supposed to keep debugger option for that.
i am using Makefile for compling the program.

Hope to see ur mail soon
thank u
u can mail the solution to mallelakeshavrao@usa.net