This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
68HC11&68HC12 port for Binutils, Gdb and Gcc
- To: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, crossgcc at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: 68HC11&68HC12 port for Binutils, Gdb and Gcc
- From: Stephane Carrez <Stephane dot Carrez at worldnet dot fr>
- Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 00:06:31 +0200
- CC: gnu-m68hc11 at egroups dot com
Hi Binutils, Gdb, Gcc maintainers, and co,
At beginning of 1999, I've started to port the Binutils, Gdb and Gcc
for the Motorola 68HC11 and 68HC12 microcontrollers. The full port
is completely operational for a long time now.
I took quite a lot of time to validate it, fix bugs and polish the code.
Too much time would say the ones that whished to have all this
integrated in FSF mainline source trees. However, throught this
long and slow process I've been able to make sure the port is correct
and the directions I took are the good ones.
I was also concerned by trying to limit the number of patches I will submit
to binutils, gdb and gcc mailing lists. I know that some maintainers are
overwhelmed by patches and it was of no use to send them half working port.
But now is the time for patches.
In the following weeks, I will send a number of patches:
- to binutils for the support of 68HC11 and 68HC12 in bfd, opcodes,
gas and ld. This will include a validation suite for the assembler.
- to gdb for the 68HC11 support and for a 68HC11 simulator (with SCI,
SPI, eeprom, nvram, timer devices). This will include some fixes
to the current simulator support.
- to gcc for the 68HC11 and 68HC12 code generation including some
fixes and a couple of improvements.
To validate the port, I ported newlib 1.8.2 and I setup some dejagnu files.
(I've obtained 46 failures on 16008 tests for gcc 2.95, and 124 failures
on 19424 tests for gcc 2.96, CVS of June 10)
I have a letter of assignment for binutils, gdb and gcc but I have none for
newlib and dejagnu. I can still send you the patches for newlib and dejagnu
if you like. (available on the web anyway).
That's all folks, I hope you'll be prepared to receive the patches,
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Stephane.Carrez@sun.com
WWW: http://home.worldnet.fr/stcarrez http://www.sun.com
Mail: 17, rue Foucher Lepelletier 6, avenue Gustave Eiffel
92130 Issy Les Moulineaux 78182 Saint Quentin en Yvelines