This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: non-blocking reads/writes and event loops
- To: jingham at apple dot com (Jim Ingham)
- Subject: Re: non-blocking reads/writes and event loops
- From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw at windriver dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 10:46:58 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: toddpw at windriver dot com (Todd Whitesel), gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, insight at sourceware dot cygnus dot com ("\"Insight (GDB GUI)\"")
> However, threads may need to be used in the case where you only have a
> blocking API to control the inferior, but in that case all you are doing is
> using threads to fix this local deficiency, not pushing it into the gdb
> architecture. I think this is managable.
Agreed. If the API designers are dumb enough to trust threads absolutely,
and don't give us an option, then well, that's life.
toddpw @ windriver.com