This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Using GDB with standalone assembly code questions
- To: David J Croyle <dcroyle at telerama dot com>
- Subject: Re: Using GDB with standalone assembly code questions
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:31:05 +1000
- CC: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: Cygnus Solutions
- References: <39466A96.E7B022BD@telerama.com>
David J Croyle wrote:
> (gdb) step
> Single stepping until exit from function _start,
> which has no line number information.
> The program is not being run
FYI, several things to be careful about.
Use stepi not step.
You may need to do a:
(gdb) break *_start
or is that break *&_start?
to get things started.