This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: That vision thing ...
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: That vision thing ...
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:23:16 -0700
- Cc: GDB Discussion <gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Organization: Core Tools, Apple Computer
- References: <3944C636.7C8EF242@cygnus.com>
- Reply-To: shebs at apple dot com
Andrew Cagney wrote:
> Longer term I can see two significant developments:
> o libgdb
> o multi-arch et al.
I agree that these are the two biggies. We could call the second
> As with any bit of open source, there is of course, no timeframe ...
Somewhere around I still have the late-1994/early-1995 document
proposing that GDB ought to support multiple architectures at
runtime. For a long time I was doubtful that it would ever
happen, but lo and behold, you made it real! So yes, the big
changes can come about if we set them as our goals.