This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Proposal: convert function definitions to prototyped form
- To: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Subject: Re: Proposal: convert function definitions to prototyped form
- From: Daniel Berlin <dan at cgsoftware dot com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:23:27 -0700 (PDT)
- cc: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>, Eric Bachalo <ebachalo at redhat dot com>, gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
Before my patches to eliminate duplicate dwarf2 info, it said there were
So something isn't adding up here.
I find it hard to believe we duplicate that much info.
It's pretty much absurd.
On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Stan Shebs wrote:
> Daniel Berlin wrote:
> > Funny you guys bring up the number of types in GDB.
> > According to the debug info, there are >82,000.
> > How exactly are we counting them, again?
> Since GDB sources are around 400K lines or so, it's highly unlikely
> that there is a type definition for every five lines in the
> C sources. You're seeing duplicates in the debug info, presumably.