This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: That vision thing ...
- To: Quality Quorum <qqi at world dot std dot com>
- Subject: Re: That vision thing ...
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:19:38 +1000
- CC: GDB Discussion <gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Organization: Cygnus Solutions
- References: <Pine.SGI.3.95.1000612105649.19388Femail@example.com>
Quality Quorum wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> Can we split target depended pieces into subdirs under gdb ?
From the TODO file:
Restructure gdb directory tree so that it avoids any 8.3 and 14
Can the xdep files be replaced by autoconf?
Convert GDB build process to AUTOMAKE.
See also sub-directory configure below.
The current convention is (kind of) to use $(<header>_h) in all
dependency lists. It isn't done in a consistent way.
Cleanup configury support for optional sub-directories.
Check how GCC handles multiple front ends for an example of how things
could work. A tentative first step is to rationalize things so that
all sub directories are handled in a fashion similar to gdb/mi.
See also automake above.
(I've included the others as they are about eliminating xdep* and fixing
the build process).
Exactly how to do this is another problem entirely. Do we just
re-arange the deck chairs or look more deeply.