This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: 'info registers' only when hit a breakpoint
- To: Kevin Hilman <khilman at equator dot com>
- Subject: Re: 'info registers' only when hit a breakpoint
- From: jtc at redback dot com (J.T. Conklin)
- Date: 09 Jun 2000 16:23:59 -0700
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: jtc at redback dot com
>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin Hilman <email@example.com> writes:
Kevin> I'm working on a target implementation for a new chip our company is
Kevin> developing. The current hardware implementation only saves register
Kevin> state (for 'info registers') in the frame in which a breakpoint was
Kevin> hit. The other frames only have minimal information (for function
Kevin> args, local variables etc.)
Kevin> Therefore, I want 'info registers' to not work if someone tries
Kevin> an 'up' for example.
'info registers' displays the current values of the registers. The
output does not change when you change the frame with frame/up/down.
I guess I'm not sure I understand what you want/need.