This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[FYI]: Incoming C++ changes
- To: gdb-patches at sourcware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: [FYI]: Incoming C++ changes
- From: Daniel Berlin <dan at cgsoftware dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 13:51:06 -0700 (PDT)
- cc: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
I made quite a bunch of C++ improvements over the weekend (i was gone
until 3pm today), i'll be committing in a moment.
In no particular order:
1. Symbol table performance is vastly improved. No longer do we need to
force a linear search for C++, ever.
This required simply changing STREQ(SYMBOL_NAME,name)) to
SYMBOL_MATCHES_NAME. Once that was done, the issues that required doing
the linear search in the first place no longer occurred. This change
causes no regressions.
2. Template handling improvements. Should be as good as it is on HP now.
Required removing some code in the expression parser that was dupicating,
but doing less, than something that could already do it.
3. Test suite improvements: Tests we previously skipped on g++, we now
don't skip, and pass (particularly, template tests). I also added a
namespace test from the gdb.hp dir. This requirred changing a few tests to
accept valid output.
This actually exposes what appears to be a bug in demangling when you use