This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Pulling in purging of deprecated code?
- To: GDB Discussion <gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Pulling in purging of deprecated code?
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 13:03:18 +1000
- Organization: Cygnus Solutions
With the 4.18 release, gdb started identifying obsolete code that was
going to be deleted. The 5.0 release saw the first of that code
I'd like to suggest a slight acceleration of the process. As soon as
(or slightly after) a release has gone out the obsolete code be removed.
This would remove the overlap that currently exists (hosts/targets may
be obsolete from the previous or next release) and also reduce the
amount of bagage GDB carries.
Since the repository is public (and downloadable) the full history is