This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB on FreeBSD/Alpha
- To: obrien at FreeBSD dot org
- Subject: Re: GDB on FreeBSD/Alpha
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 17:23:55 +1000
- CC: Mark Kettenis <kettenis at wins dot uva dot nl>, gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: Cygnus Solutions
- References: <200005292310.e4TNAoY05799@delius.kettenis.local> <20000531101946.C54961@dragon.nuxi.com>
David O'Brien wrote:
> On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 01:09:45AM +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> > I've managed to add the necessary support for FreeBSD/Alpha to the
> > version of GDB in CVS (not checked in yet).
> Hi Mark,
> What version of GDB will have these bits? 5.0.1 or 5.1? What are the
> current release engineering plans for GDB?
If it were me, I'd personally just worry about getting things in the
trunk. For 5.0.1 (if released) I had two things in mind:
o fixing core dumps
o fixing botched configury or builds
beyond that, the trunk should be good enough. What the target
maintainers do is, well, up to target maintainers :-)
According to my diary I'm ment to make noises about 5.1 at the start of
July. Based on what I've learnt from 5.0 that would put a release
sometime in October/November. Exactly when is an open question.