Re: GDB & FreeBSD

Mark> I spent some time on reviving GDB on FreeBSD.  Not too difficult
Mark> since it turns out that I can re-use a lot of code from the
Mark> NetBSD port (thanks J.T. :-)).

Your welcome.

Mark> However, in doing so, I've probably killed support for older
Mark> FreeBSD systems (I suspect that the same happened with NetBSD).

If so, it wasn't the intent.

The earliest machines I have are running 1.3.  If it turns out I broke
an earlier release, I'll fix it.  But I'm not planning on installing
NetBSD 0.9 just to check...  I'd rather spend the time to get i386/ELF
support into the tree.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin