Re: GDB & FreeBSD

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 01:42:45PM +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> I be able to cook something up that should work on all i386 BSD's with

The thust shouldn't be viewed as working on all i386 BSD's, but all
4.4BSD derived systems.  FreeBSD/Alpha is very import to me also.

>    I'd check it in along with a TODO entry mentioning the need to access
>    how hard it is to ``fix'' 1.x.

I can offer a 1.x install CDROM, but I don't know of any one still
running a FreeBSD 1.x box.

> OK, I'll do that for the code that I have right now (which should work
> on FreeBSD 2.2 and up) and then see if I can revive the support for
> older FreeBSD's after that.

My concern is for FreeBSD 3.0+ (ie. ELF).  If support for FreeBSD 2.x had
to be dropped, it would not bother me.  I'd like to have the current
systems supported; and those of the future (again ELF).

If I can be of any help providing access to FreeBSD 4-STABLE (which will
become 4.1 RELEASE) or 5-CURRENT systems, please let me know.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          Disclaimer: Not speaking for FreeBSD, just expressing my own opinion.