Re: gdb-cvs fails on freebsd-elf

mirko.viviani@rccr.cremona.it wrote:

> Ciao!
>
> I've noticed that gdb on cvs does not support (and does not compile w/o
> some changes) on FreeBSD-elf...

Thats correct.

FreeBSD haven't contributed their local GDB changes back to the master
sources (they would at least need an FSF assignment by all individuales
that contributed to the work).  Given the strong likelhood that this
will never happen, I'd suggest that a better strategy would be for
someone (with an FSF/GDD assignment) to do a new (clean-room)
implementation.  That can then be accepted in time for GDB 5.1.

> Who is the FreeBSD maintainer ?

There is no FreeBSD maintainer.  GDB's head maintainer ends up resolving
any FreeBSD patches.

	Andrew