From: Chitti Raju [mailto:chitti@wipinfo.soft.net]
Sent: Donnerstag, 23. Dezember 1999 12:27
To: Frey, Gregor Karl
Subject: Re: GDB and Solairs CC

> Thanks for your answer, but the switch -xs does not really help. It makes
> possible to get the source-code-lines and to set breakpoints, but you can
> not print variables:
>
> Breakpoint 1, main () at test.cpp:3
> 3         int i = 0;
> (gdb) p i
> No symbol "i" in current context.
>
> Actually there is "i" in the context, but gdb does not find it :-((

You are right. This is the first time i'm debugging a c++ program.
GDB is not recognizing the stabs generated by sunpro compiler.
The sunpro compiler demangles the names of the variables, and
gdb is unable to deduce the actual names of the variables.
For me if i say "print __1cEmain6G_i1ABi_", gdb prints the value of
the varibale i. here the complicated name given to print
is the demangled name generated by sunpro compiler for i.

Post it the general gdb mailing list, and ask if they have any patches
to it. The email address you have to post is gdb@sourceware.cygnus.com
[i think by this time ppl would have noticied this]

If you are not on the mailing list, specifically ask to include
your email id in the mails replied to the posted msg.