Re: Sparc V9 disassembly?

    >> info archi
    >> set archi sparc:v9a
    >> disassemble <addr1> <addr2>
    >>
    >> It seems the bug is in gdb_print_insn_sparc.  It sets info->mach to
    >> TM_PRINT_INSN_MACH, which is the sparc/sparclite.  If I use gdb to
    >> change this to 8 (sparc v9?), the disassembler recognizes the v9
    >> instructions.
    >>
    >> Is this correct behavior?

    Andrew> I'd try it with the current GDB however, I suspect that SPARC GDB
    Andrew> currently ignores requests to change the architecture via ``set
    Andrew> architecture''.

I commented out the offending line in gdb_print_insn_sparc, and
recompiled.  Everything seems to work according to the way I want, so
set architecture does work.  A peek at the code seems to indicate that
as well.

I will, however, try the most recent snapshot.

Since the code has made a conscious effort to set info->mach, I wasn't
really sure if everything else would work.

Ray