Re: Exist a 68k simulator?

   Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 16:17:26 -0800
   From: Jason Molenda <jsm@cygnus.com>

   I'll repeat the plug for the Unix Amiga Emulator projects'
   68000/68020/68881 simulator.  http://www.freiburg.linux.de/~uae/
   I talked to the author/maintainer, Bernd Schmidt, about using it in GDB
   a while ago.  He expect no problems.  It is GPL'ed.  It is not the most
   complete 68k simulator in the world, but he expected that it would
   handle gcc-generated code OK.  It has been appropriated by several
   other projects as a generic CPU simulator in the past.

   I don't have time to pursue this any further right now, but that looks
   like a very good avenue to pursue if someone wanted to pull in a 68k
   simulator.

Indeed, this would be a good project for someone that wanted to get
their feet wet in embedded GDB hacking.  The technical parts are not
too hard, you don't need special hardware, and people will appreciate
the contribution.

								Stan