Re: Extra Thread Info

   From: cgf@cygnus.com (Chris Faylor)
   Date: 25 Nov 1999 01:29:18 GMT

   When I added thread support for Windows I wished for an additional field
   or two in gdb's thread structure which would have allowed me to store
   extra OS specific state about a thread.  It would only have to be an
   opaque void * pointer of use only to the target.  This would have saved
   a fair amount of head-standing in win32-nat.c.

   But, I don't think that this is exactly what you're talking about.
   Having some kind of extensible way to query and report thread
   information would be nice.  At the very simplest an additional target
   vector could be supplied which returned extra information to tack onto
   info thread output.

Actually, this is a perfect example, and yes, the implementation would
use an additional target vector entry.

This isn't the first time the desire has come up for additional info
about threads, but for natives the solution is easy - just add a
system-specific command to foo-nat.c.  This still loses for
cross-debugging though.

								Stan