Re: none

>   I am an emacs-user and get a lot of benefit from using emacs.
> I used 'gdb'to debug my program which is written using C language
> in 'emacs' environment before I came here. It worked well.
>
>    However, sounds like the 'emacs' here doesn't support the C
> language. Everytime when I want to give a breakpoint in my C program
> using
>
>   'C-x space',
>
>   I am given the warning
>
>   'No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command'
>
> in the window of 'gdb' by computer automaticlly. If it is a
> Fortran program, the command giving breakpoint as above works.
> So I can't use 'gdb' to debug my C program in the 'emacs' here.
>
>   Would you kindly tell me what's wrong?
>
>   Thank you very much for your consideration!

That message usually means that GDB doesn't know which executable you
want to debug.  When `M-x gdb' prompts you "Run GDB (like this):", you
should say "gdb " followed by the name of the executable file.

If that doesn't help, could you post the contents of the buffer that
GDB is running in, so we can see more of what's going on?