Re: enum xyz;

    From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com>
    Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 10:22:18 +1000

    Hello,

    (One for the ISO-C police :-)

    Is:

	    enum xyz;

    vaid ISO-C?  I strongly suspect that it isn't.  Rather it's a GCC
    extension.

Well, I'm definitely not the ISO-C police, but...

The standard explicitly states that incomplete enums types are not
permitted.  If need be I can dig out the standard and find the
specific section that states this.

It's a GCC extension; it is not supported by GNU C++.  For this
statement, my reference is the 'Incomplete Enums' node of the gcc
manual (file: gcc/extend.texi).

    Second question, is there an auto-conf way of testing for a compiler
    that allows the above?

	    Andrew