Proposal for handling large numbers of registers

Stan Shebs writes:

 > So I'm considering importing the idea of "register classes" from GCC.
 > GCC uses the class idea to guide allocation and instruction selection,
 > but we don't even need that much; just define the names of the classes
 > and which registers belong to each.

I like this idea.

It would be nice if one could just cut the register class definitions
from gcc tm.h and paste them into gdb tm.h.

Ideally one could refer to the class names by their full name, such as
ADDR_REGS, or by their class letter, such as 'a'.

Michael.