Re: IA32: printing FP register variables

  In message <npbtdlsg2i.fsf@zwingli.cygnus.com>you write:
  > In code generated by your compiler, is the value of TOP (the three-bit
  > FPU stack pointer) at function entry known at compile time?  Or does
  > its value depend on the caller, and the caller's caller, etc.?
Aren't all the FP registers on the x86 considered call-clobbered?  If
so, then there should be no FP regs live across a function call.

With that in mind, the state of the FP stack ought to be empty at the
start of each function.

Or am I missing something?  I'm not really an ia32 guru.

jeff