Re: problem with chained if statements?

   From: jtc@redback.com (J.T. Conklin)
   Date: 17 Mar 1999 15:51:30 -0800

   Pretty ugly (IMO).  It will suffice as a workaround, but I'll have to
   look into how difficult adding "true" else-if support will be.  Would
   an `elif' keyword be objectionable?

Sounds reasonable me.  It fits in with GDB's one-word command structure.
Stan the old Lisper has a tiny preference for "else-if" as the name of the
command...

   What are the current thoughts
   wrt. adding a more capable extension language for gdb scripting?

No consensus.  The tclites push for tcl of course, but that has
political problems. Guile would be officially approved of, but no
actual hacker seems to care enough to contribute actual changes.
Other ideas surface from time to time, but haven't really gone
anywhere.  If I was told I could have only one, I would probably
go with Guile.

							Stan