Re: 4.17.85 configure w/ relative path fails to build bfd/dwarf1.c

> This is mysterious to me; I always build using a path to configure,
> just as you said.  Here's the config.status from my Solaris 2.5.1
> tests:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> # This file was generated automatically by configure.  Do not edit.
> # This directory was configured as follows:
> ../../configure --host=sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1 --prefix=/stone/jimb/gdb-4.18 --norecursion
> # using "mh-frag"

Mine (when I got the error) was basically equivalent, except that my build
tree was not inside the source tree. My path to configure was
	../toddpw/gdb-4.17.85/configure

> What is dejagnu doing in there?  That's not a part of the GDB
> distribution.

I got it from gdb/private so I could try 'make check'. In the past I have
downloaded GDB+dejagnu from gdb/private but I have never been able to get
'make check' to totally succeed. With straight 4.17 I think only the solaris
thread tests failed though.

> > If more info than this is needed to fix the problem, let me know.
>
> I think so.

Looks like it, although I have a sinking feeling that it is some deficiency
in the sh/sed/grep/find/etc. binaries I have in my path, which is something
that only I can track down, and I don't know when I can get around to that.

I could always re-do the bad configure and send someone the tarball, but
the efficiency of that is questionable and there's no guarantee it will
yield results.

--
Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ wrs.com