Re: 4.17.85 configure w/ relative path fails to build bfd/dwarf1.c

> 	   - GDB does not build bfd/dwarf1.c, but attempts to archive it in
> 		   libbfd, and fails.
>
> Are you sure this is a clean set of sources?  The dwarf1 need comes from

Generally I download the tarball from private/gdb, extract it into a
directory (/alabama2/toddpw/gdb-4.17.85 in this case) and chmod -R -w it.

Perhaps the read-only-ness has something to do with it?

I also tend not to have GNU stuff early in my path, so if some recent
change depends on updated, sane tool binaries, perhaps the fault lies
there.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to diagnose this right now.
I'm getting lots of failures from 'make check' too, and when I ran
make check again (because I forgot to tee the output the first time)
it hung...

toddpw 28308 28305 99 12:12:36 pts/7   111:46 /alabama2/sandbox/gdb/testsuite/gdb.hp/more-steps

--
Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ wrs.com