Re: GDB build on linuxppc?

   Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 11:06:44 -0800
   From: Thomas Kistler <kistler@ics.uci.edu>

   I'm having trouble building gdb for linuxppc. Although
   everything compiles just fine I cannot actually run any
   program with gdb. gdb always reports "don't know how to run".

Unfortunately, our version of GDB does not include the patches
necessary to make it work on LinuxPPC.  They were written by Kevin
Buettner (hi Kev), who works for Metrowerks, which means that MW needs
to disclaim their copyright so that Kevin can donate the changes.  The
last I heard MW and RMS were debating some clause in the disclaimer,
and I haven't heard that there was any resolution.  A bummer, I know,
but we can't do much until the situation is resolved.  Feel free to
send mail to kev@primenet.com, letting him know of your interest and
encouraging him to help move things along...

							Stan