gdbserver & Wiggler BDM

Does/can gdbserver use the Wiggler BDM or is it GDB only that can use the
Wiggler ?
ie. If I compile gdbserver for the mingw32 or cygwin32 environment, will
gdbserver be able to talk to an embedded system via the Wiggler BDM.

If so, I could then run gdbserver on a Win98 machine (connected to embedded
system via BDM/parallel port) which would interpret my requests from GDB
running on a Linux machine (where all my development is done).

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.
begin:vcard
n:Simon;Brendan
tel;fax:+61 3 9886 0269
tel;home:+61 3 9561 0817
tel;work:+61 3 9886 0128
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:CTAM Pty Ltd
adr:;;469 Springvale Rd;Glen Waverly;Victoria;3150;Australia
version:2.1
email;internet:brendan@dgs.monash.edu.au
title:Embedded Systems Design Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;-7584