Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 13:49:48 -0600
From: Robert Lipe <robertl@dgii.com>
To: Jason Molenda <jsm@cygnus.com>
Subject: Re: [jsm@cygnus.com: Preparing for a GDB 4.17 release]

Jason Molenda wrote:

> weeks--branching for the release around Monday next week.  If you have
> OpenServer patches sitting around itchin' to get in, please send them in.

I know this is sleazy as hell.  The "right" fix is much more complicated
and is almost never worthwhile in code this ugly.  I did a big-old
analysis of this in October for EGCS.   This patch is applied there
and is required to allow GDB to build on systems that define TIOCGETC
but don't have struct tchars.

date: 1997/10/30 05:55:14;  author: law;  state: Exp;  lines: +6 -1
        * info/termdep.h: If POSIX, #undef TIOCGETC for benefit of systems
        that provide TIOCETC but not struct tchars.

$ diff -c termdep.h_ termdep.h
*** termdep.h_  Tue Jan 27 13:46:22 1998
--- termdep.h   Tue Jan 27 13:46:40 1998
***************
*** 33,38 ****
--- 33,43 ----

  #ifdef HAVE_TERMIOS_H
  #  include <termios.h>
+ /*
+  * POSIX does not mandate that we have these and it may, in fact, be only
+  * partially implemented
+  */
+ #  undef TIOCGETC
  #else